The most common questions we get from our clients
No, absolutely not! Our solution is made of the highest quality, natural ingredients. All of our technicians have also been trained and certified!
Please visit our Tan Care page to find out the proper steps that need to be followed before your spray tan.
We recommend waiting 12 hours before your initial shower.
The entire process takes about 30 minutes, from start to finish.
The typical spray tan will last 7-10 days with proper care and upkeep. It is important to follow the steps listed on our Tan Care page to get the best quality tan possible.
- Exfoliate your entire body, from head to toe. Pay extra attention to dry areas like the ankles, tops of your hands & feet, knees, elbows, neck, underarms, and the back of your arms.
- Laser hair removal should be done 2 days in advance with no sensitivity or abrasions present.
- Shave at least 8 hours before your appointment and waxing should be done 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Make sure all manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials and massages are done at least a day in advance.
- Avoid all bar soaps and oil based sugar/s alt scrubs during your final shower prior to tanning.
- Clothing: you may wear as little or as much as you want. I operate in a discreet manner and fully respect client confidentiality. Men, you may wear briefs or boxers.
- You may shower in as little as 2 hours prior to your tan, but be mindful of any possible residue that could linger, i.e. hair conditioner, soap. It's best to wash your body with a gel-like body wash as the very last step to ensure all residue is washed off your skin. Creamy body washes like Dove, and oil of Olay can create a moisture barrier, which can sometimes lead to a lighter than desired tan.
- Avoid all bar soaps and oil-based sugar/salt scrubs.
- Don't wear any lotions, oils, perfume or deodorant to your appointment. Deodorant is stubborn and doesn't remove well! Do your best to scrub and exfoliate the entire armpit, especially the surrounding 4 inches or so!
- After your tan, you should wear dark loose clothing. I recommend anything that reduces skin-to-skin contact, which can result in excessively dark spots.
- Do not wear a tight bra or any tight clothing, as it will rub the solution off your skin.
- You will rinse at the recommended time, which can range from 30 minutes to overnight. Your first rinse, will be just a warm water rinse, without soap. You may use your hands to remove the cosmetic bronzer. You will see cosmetic bronzer rinsing away, this is normal and your tan will continue to avoid over development (orange)
- You may use hydrating body wash during your next regularly scheduled shower, followed by a natural moisturizer free of mineral oil and petroleum products. You should moisturize from head to toe at least twice per day.
- Your tan will be fully developed around 24 hours post-tan.
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized with a natural lotion that is free of mineral oil, petroleum, ethanol, AHA’s, and other exfoliating and alcohol based products, as it will strip your tan faster.
- Avoid long hot showers and baths, jacuzzis, loofahs, and exfoliants of any kind until your tan is ready to be removed.
- Acne and anti-aging products often contain acids and retinoids that will strip your tan and cause uneven fading.
- As always, use sunscreen as spray tans do not protect from harmful UV rays.